Tuesday 16 April 2013

09/04/2013 GBP/USD long (loss)


This was a long trade off the weely chart. I actually opened 3 different positions on this, which the chart doesn't show you. Anyway, my entry prices were 1.5260, 1.5368 and 1.5371. Here is the entry chart (click to enlarge). Each position was 0.25% of my account so total risk was 0.75%. Note: I forgot to mark my stop losses on the chart so the chart won't show them.





and here is my exit chart. The first position I closed at 1.5348 for a small profit, and the other two I closed at 1.5288 for small losses. Overall, I made a loss of 0.15%.



Note: My stop losses were NOT hit. I closed the trades manually because I was hoping for a fast push upwards off the BUOB and we didn't get it. We also had a close below the RN of 1.5300 at the close of the NY session on 15/04/2013. Maybe I should have held on, but the thing is I'm very inexperienced at playing weekly time frames. I'll get better at these with experience. It was a bit of a joke trade in the end but not much harm done to account at least.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment